Private Beach Association in East Lyme CT and part of the village known as Niantic that legend has its name Giant’s Neck from the original owner, an Indian named Mamarakagurgana (“The Giant”). He was a very large man compared to men and women of his time. His son, Tattobitton of Nehantic, sold the property that eventually became Giants Neck Heights Association on July 1, 1687.
The Connecticut state statutes include, “An Act Incorporating the Giants Neck Heights Association,” which was approved on June 30, 1953. On June 19, 1963, CT Bill 4359, entitled “An Act Amending An Act Incorporating the Giants Neck Heights Association” was approved.